Accessibility Evaluation Tools for Text Equivalents
Web accessibility evaluation tools help examine if a web resource meets accessibility standards. Although these tools are based on the same accessibility principles, each tool operates based on its own set of evaluation criteria. These tools will only provide means to perform an evaluation with, and will not automatically determine whether a web resource is accessible.
Functional Accessibility Evaluator (FAE) analyzes web resources for markup that is consistent with the use of CITES/DRES HTML Best Practices for development of functionally accessible web resources that also support interoperability.
Testing from FAE Website
- Test a single URL by entering the URL into the form.
- Create a sign-in for testing multiple URLs or an entire website.
Testing from Firefox Accessibility Extension
If you are browsing with Firefox and have the Firefox Accessibility Extension installed, running FAE from the Extension offers a different way of testing accesibility of a single page you are currently browsing.
- Test Evaluation Summaries : Features links to detailed page report
- Test Evaluation Percentages : Breakdown of the test results by subcategories
- Detailed report indicating Pass/Fail of each testing requirements
WAVE 3.0 Accessiblity Tool Website
AIS Toolbar helps examination of web pages for a variety of aspects of accessibility by identifying components of the web resource and simulating user experience.
AIS Toolbar is used with Microsoft Internet Explorer.