Digital Media Object Rules
HTML Markup Details
Accessibility Evaluation Rules
Video, audio and Flash Media objects must have synchronized text captions or text transcripts.
Video, audio and Flash Media objects must have audio descriptions if the it contains essential visual information that is not discernable from the dialog or audio track.
Video, audio, Flash Media objects should have controls to pause, play, stop and restart.
Video, audio and Flash Media objects must not automatically play sound when the page is loaded.
FAE Rule Implemetation
- Illinois Functional Accessibility Evaluator 1.0
- The Illinois Functional Accessibility Evaluator is a web based tool to help developers evaluate web resources for the use of the iCITA HTML best practices.
- Illinois Firefox Accessibility Extension
- The Illinois Firefox Accessibility Extension is a Firefox add-in that is designed to identify accessibility features for both static and dynamically generated html content.
- Useful for identifying the location of specific accessibility problems for failures and warnings indentified in FAE reports.