Labels for Form Controls Rules
HTML Markup Details
DOCTYPEstatement defines the markup standards that the web resource will validate to.
- The character encoding of each page should be specified within the value of the
charset=) on a
metaelement that also includes an
http-equivattribute set to
Accessibility Evaluation Rules
Each page must include a DOCTYPE declaration to facilitate rendering and validation.
The character encoding of each page should be specified within the value of the
Implementation NotesFor example, if the character encoding is UTF-8, it could be specified in XHTML with:
FAE Rule Implemetation
- Illinois Functional Accessibility Evaluator 1.0
- The Illinois Functional Accessibility Evaluator is a web based tool to help developers evaluate web resources for the use of the iCITA HTML best practices.
- Illinois Firefox Accessibility Extension
- The Illinois Firefox Accessibility Extension is a Firefox add-in that is designed to identify accessibility features for both static and dynamically generated html content.
- Useful for identifying the location of specific accessibility problems for failures and warnings indentified in FAE reports.