HTML Markup Details
- Two-character character codes from a language value registry are used as the value of
- It is critical that the text associated with the link clearly indicate the target of the link. Uninformative link text like "click here" or "more" should not be used.
- The same link texts should not point to different web resources and different link texts should not point to the same web resource.
- Any time an
areaelement is used to create a link, the
altattribute content should not describe the image, but instead describe the target of the link.
Accessibility Evaluation Rules
Link text should be meaningful when taken out of context; therefore, links that point to different
An image that is the entire content of a link should be at least 16x16 pixels in size.
The text content of a link should be at least 4 characters in length when rendered graphically.
For links that include an
The first link on a page should be a skip navigation link that contains the word "skip" and the
The target of internal links need to include a
Small links should not be placed close together.
FAE Rule Implemetation
- Illinois Functional Accessibility Evaluator 1.0
- The Illinois Functional Accessibility Evaluator is a web based tool to help developers evaluate web resources for the use of the iCITA HTML best practices.
- Illinois Firefox Accessibility Extension
- The Illinois Firefox Accessibility Extension is a Firefox add-in that is designed to identify accessibility features for both static and dynamically generated html content.
- Useful for identifying the location of specific accessibility problems for failures and warnings indentified in FAE reports.