HTML Markup Details
h2-h6elements should identify major and minor sections of the web resource.
- Headings should be properly nested following the heading levels represented by the numerical values of the heading elements.
h2should be used as sub-heading after a
h3should be used as sub-heading after a
h4should be used as sub-heading after a
h5should be used as sub-heading after a
h6should be used as sub-heading after a
Accessibility Evaluation Rules
Heading elements that follow the last
All subheadings (
The text content of headings of the same level within the same section should be unique.
The text content of an subheading element (
The text content of headings should be concise (less than 65 characters).
FAE Rule Implemetation
- Illinois Functional Accessibility Evaluator 1.0
- The Illinois Functional Accessibility Evaluator is a web based tool to help developers evaluate web resources for the use of the iCITA HTML best practices.
- Illinois Firefox Accessibility Extension
- The Illinois Firefox Accessibility Extension is a Firefox add-in that is designed to identify accessibility features for both static and dynamically generated html content.
- Useful for identifying the location of specific accessibility problems for failures and warnings indentified in FAE reports.